Instructions on How to Wear a Cloth Mask Correctly:
- Wash your hands before putting on a cloth mask.
- Put a cloth mask over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin.
- Try to fit the cloth mask snugly against the sides of your face.
- Make sure you can breathe easily while wearing the cloth mask.
Instructions on How to Use a Cloth Mask to Protect Others:
- Wear a cloth mask to help protect others in case you’re infected with COVID-19 but don’t have symptoms.
- Keep the cloth mask on your face the entire time you’re in public.
- Don’t put the cloth mask around your neck or up on your forehead.
- Don’t touch the cloth mask, and, if you do, make sure to wash your hands.
Instructions on How to Take Off a Cloth Mask Carefully at Home:
- Untie the strings of the mask behind your head or stretch the ear loops.
- Handle the cloth mask only by the ear loops or ties.
- Fold the outside corners of the cloth mask together.
- Place the cloth mask in the washing machine, following the proper washing instructions.
- Be careful not to touch your eyes, nose and mouth when removing the cloth mask and wash your hands immediately after removing it.
Source: “How to Wear Cloth Face Coverings,” cdc.gov, May 22, 2020.